Tier 1 Investor Visa
The UK is actively supporting non-EEA investors to consider opportunities within the UK, by offering the Tier 1 UK Investor Visa
What is an Investor Visa?
If you are looking to invest in the UK, it is important to seek legal advice to understand the migration options open to you, to ensure your case is effectively represented to the authorities and to avoid any delays with your application.
IA Tier 1 Investor visa allows you to invest £2 million or more in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
IInvestor visa holders are permitted to work, study or engage in business activities in the UK.
Benefits of applying for Tier 1 Investor Visa
Some of the major advantages to apply as Tier 1 Investor include:
- no requirement to meet an English language requirement – so no IELTS
- no previous business experience
- applicants must be 18 years or older – this is ideal for children of high net worth individuals who would like to stay back in the UK after their studies
- receive visa decisions quickly – generally within 3 weeks.
- Benefit from an attractive tax regime for high net worth investors classed as "UK resident, non-domicile"
- buy property without any restrictions
- option of obtaining ILR within 3 years and 2 years.
- apply for a British Citizenship one year after obtaining ILR
Applying for a Tier 1 Investor Visa application
At Smartmove2UK [brand of Smartmove Immigration], we can assist you in not only gaining entry to the UK but also to introduce you to banks, financial wealth managers, real estate agents, so you and your family can quickly settle to life in UK.
Our experience UK Immigration experts have the experience to advise you on the most appropriate category of visa for your circumstances and provide details to make this process as smooth as possible.
Entry Clearance as Tier 1 Investor
To apply for entry clearance as a Tier 1 Investor, the applicant must:
- be 18 or over;
- be able to prove that the money belongs to either the applicant, or their husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner;
- have opened a UK bank account [if you do not have a UK bank account our team can assist you with introductions to get the needful done]
In addition, the applicant needs to evidence that the funds are:
- held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK
The money can be in the UK or overseas at the time of the application.
As a specialist UK Immigration Law firm, we have an established reputation for effective and efficient management and processing of visa applications, and for providing expert visa-related advice.
Switching to Tier 1 Investor
Applicants can apply to switch to a Tier 1 Investor Visa if they meet the eligibility requirements and they are already in the UK under certain visa categories [e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4]
Dependents of Tier 1 Investor
A Tier 1 (Investor) visa will allow the main applicant to bring their dependents [spouse and children below the age of 18 years] to the UK.
It also allows the dependents to extend their stays in country and to claim settlement.
How can Smartmove Immigration?
At Smartmove2UK [brand of Smartmove Immigration] our UK Immigration lawyers have helped ultra high net worth individuals to successfully apply for Tier 1 Investor visas.
If you would like to ascertain your eligibility for this category, we would advise you to book an appointment with our Solicitors to discuss the merits of your case.
It’s best to seek professional advice before you proceed, to save unnecessary loss of time and expense.
Additional Assistance Options:
Administrative Reviews and Appeals for Tier 1 Investor visa
Our attorneys at Smartmove2UK [unit of Smartmove Immigration] are well equipped with the qualifications and experience required to tackle appeal procedures and Reviews for your application. Therefore, if you have faced a refusal in your Tier 1 Investor Visa, our experts can assist you on the next steps you would need to take to potentially overturn your refusal decision.
Extension of Tier 1 Investor Visa
If you already hold a Tier 1 Investor Visa to the UK and are looking to extend your stay as a skilled worker in Britain, then should consider applying for an extension. Smartmove2UK [unit of Smartmove Immigration] offers the same level of expertise and commitment in our clients’ visa extension applications as we do for fresh applications.