(This article was updated on 14/07/2020)
If you are traveling to the UK on a holiday and want your Domestic worker to join in the trip to take care of the children or manager dietary requirements for everyone in the family then applying for Domestic work visa is the option for you.
In order to apply for Domestic work visa application the applicant i.e. the Domestic worker must comply with certain eligibility requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have been employed with the employer for a minimum of 1 year or more.
- Must travel with the employer or their family member
- Must work full time with the same employer with whom he/she entered the UK.
- Must leave the UK at the same time as the employer.
- Must be able to financially support themselves without recourse to UK public funds.
It is also pertinent to note that:
- The visa is granted for a period of 6 months;
- An extension is only possible if and only if the visa granted at entry clearance is for less than 6 months;
- And in the case where the visa granted at entry clearance is for less than 6 months, the extension can be granted up to 6 months; and
- No settlement right is available to the applicant.
British nationals or settled persons can no longer bring domestic workers to work in private households in the UK, unless they can evidence that their primary home is not in the UK.
If you are considering applying for a domestic worker to join you in the UK then contact the Immigration Experts at Smartmove Immigration.