Residence Permit by Investment
Malta Republic is an island in Central Mediterranean – with amazing climate all year round. It is politically and economically stable. Ranked 2nd safest country in the world (World Risk Report 2016). It has economic growth higher than most EU countries and commonwealth member state. Malta is member of EU/Schengen Area. Residence permit in India permits visa free travel in Schengen area with a possibility to naturalize as Maltese citizen. Applicants can take adult dependents (parents/grandparents).
Eligibility for Maltese Residence
Residency entitles the applicant and his/her dependents to reside, settle or stay indefinitely in Malta,subject to meeting the following conditions:
- Good standing and reputation ('fit and proper' test); this is the due diligence process.
- Being physically healthy.
- Proof of Annual Income of €100,000 arising outside of Malta; Or in the possession of assetsamounting to €500,000.
- A non-refundable Contribution of €30,000 to the Malta Social & Development Fund whichcovers the main applicant, their spouse or partner and any economically dependent children.
- Other adult dependants (e.g., parents or grandparents) will each have to pay an additionalcontribution of €5,000.
- An Investment in Approved Bonds or Securities amounting to €250,000 for a minimum of 5years after the residence certificate has been issued (e.g., 5 years from the end of theprocess);
- The Purchase of Residential Property (a “qualifying property”) in Malta at a minimumpurchase value of €320,000 or rental of over €12,000 per year (€270,000 or €10,000 for aproperty in Gozo or the South of Malta) for a minimum of 5 years after the residencecertificate has been granted (e.g., 5 years from the end of the process); and
- European sickness Insurance covering the whole family with a minimum amount of €30,000coverage per person after the letter of approval. This must be maintained every year after theresidence certificate has been issued.