Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
To seal the deal for entrepreneurs Canada does not provide “temporary” or “conditional” status. Successful applicants to this program are able to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents with no conditions attached to the success of their business.
Advantage Canada – Top reasons to build a business in Canada
- Strong economic growth: Forbes magazine rates Canada as the best country in the G-20 with which to do business. Canada has the strongest fiscal position in the G-7 and among the best fiscal prospects in the G-20.
- Low taxes and low business costs: Canada offers a low-cost and low-tax environment so your business can thrive. Canada’s overall tax rate on new business investment is significantly lower than that of other G-7 countries. KPMG ranks Canada as the most tax competitive country in the G-7.
- Excellence in research and innovation: Canada offers a winning environment for research and innovation, including world-leading research and development (R & D) infrastructure, scientific talent and innovation incentives. Combined federal and provincial credits can return to foreign investors, on average, up to 30 percent of their R & D investment in Canada.
- Top quality of life: Canada’s top quality of life provides a great backdrop for the success of individuals, families and globally engaged companies. According to the World Bank, in 2011 Canadians enjoyed nearly the highest standard of living in the G-20. Canada is home to a highly educated, flexible and multicultural work force.
Before applying, you will need to secure a commitment from a designated Canadian angel investor group or venture capital fund to invest in your business idea.
At Smartmove2 Canada [unit of Smartmove Immigration] we provide an evaluation of applicants and businesses, coaching and formal support for those who are willing to go through the Startup Visa Immigration Program. Our mission is to train the applicant, to perfect his business plan and a business presentation to be selected among thousands of other applicants and be by accepted into a business organization designated Immigration Canada.